Thursday 13 March 2014

elmo animation planning

I have printed out a background for elmo to be animated on to. I will then use the camera on the mac to take a series of images of elmo to make him look as if he is moving. This kind of animation is called a cut out and could take up to around an hour. So next lesson i will be doing the elmo animation. I have cut his legs and arms out so i can adjust the movement of him!http://itec-composer.eun.org/composer/download/file/applications/Padlet.png
I have used this elmo off google for the cut out.
And i will also be using a background that will be similar to the one below. I am planning for the background to move as well as the animation.
To start of i took a series of shots with the camera's that were plugged into the computer's and i formed the series of images to show elmo moving and the background moving also. I used I stop motion to take the series of images to produce the animation. The animation when being in I stop motion took a while because i had to make sure elmo moved the way i wanted him to and later i would add music so i needed to make sure elmo dancing would be in the same time as the music was playing. 
This is not my animation but this is how i used ISTOPMOTION to create my animation, i put the background on a table and put elmo on to the background i had cut his legs and arms off so i could move them differently, every time i moved the legs and arms i would take a picture so then when pressing play the elmo would move as well as the background, once i had finished taking the images i exported it and saved it into my file. 






I then put the animation into Imovie this is when i added a soundtrack and titles, i used the music from the actual elmo cartoon. 
This was the elmo song i used in the animation which i cut in premier pro so it was short enough for the animation. I put titles on the animation which i called "the elmo tango on sesame street. And added my name at the end of the animation.

Once edited to the best i could i exported it on Imovie and uploaded to the blog i made a padlet account and put my animation in there to get feedback off my class friends and written an evalution on the comments that was put in there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment